Labcorp Worldwide ("Labcorp/we/us/our") respects the privacy of visitors to this website and our associated communications with you, and we have developed this Privacy Statement ("the Privacy Statement") which sets out how we collect information about you from which you may be identified ("Personal Information"). The Privacy Statement also details what we use your Personal Information for and how we safeguard and secure it; and your rights in relation to your Personal Information.
Please note that you will not be able to submit your Personal Information to us until you have ticked the box to confirm you have read it and agree to its terms and a separate box to confirm that you are over 18 years of age.
Collecting Your Information Directly from You
Labcorp will use its website to collect information that is voluntarily submitted by you and which can be used by us to identify and contact you, including:
- Personal details (e.g. your name, date of birth, etc.);
- Contact details (e.g. telephone number, email address, postal address, etc.);
- Information relevant to your suitability for clinical trials (e.g. weight, height, health information, ethnicity, etc.).
When you submit information considered to be sensitive Personal Information (such as information about your ethnicity or health information) to us, you are consenting to our use of such information. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at the details below. This information is necessary for us to identify whether you are potentially suitable to be invited to participate in clinical trials as outlined under the heading 'How we will use Your Information' below. We may be required by law to collect certain Personal information about you or as a consequence of any contractual relationship we have with you. Failure to provide this information may prevent or delay the fulfilment of these obligations.
Collecting Your Information from Other Sources
Labcorp will also collect Personal Medical Records from your General Practitioner (GP). We will obtain a separate consent from you prior to obtaining this information
Any other information transferred by you in connection with your visit to this website which cannot be used to identify you (and which, therefore, does not constitute your Personal Information) may be included in databases owned and maintained by Labcorp or its agents worldwide.
How we will use your Personal Information
We will add your Personal Information as volunteered by you via this website, on to our volunteer database, and use it, in accordance with your preferences, to identify and notify you of clinical trials and services which may be suitable for you to be invited to participate in. It is in our legitimate business interests for us to use your Personal Information in this way so that we can maintain our volunteer database. In addition, this allows us to fulfill our contractual obligations to you so we can identify and notify you of clinical trials and services that may be suitable for you.
Please note that the submission of your Personal Information via this website or the addition of your Personal Information to the volunteer database does not mean that you will be invited or selected to take part in any clinical trial either now or in the future. In the event that it is established that you may be suitable for a particular clinical trial you may be invited to be screened to take part. The screening process, which is outside the scope of this Privacy Statement, is generally done face-to-face and will require you to supply additional Personal Information to us, including further sensitive personal data, and to undergo certain medical tests. You will be required to enter into a separate privacy agreement in advance of undertaking the screening process relating to the use of Personal Information you volunteer at that stage.
A member of our team may contact you directly by way of following-up with you, including contacting you directly, in accordance with your preferences, by telephone or other means, including SMS text messages, and adding your Personal Information to our volunteer database.
We may also use your Personal Information to respond to subsequent requests you may make of us. It is in our legitimate interests that we are able to provide you with appropriate responses and provide you with notice about our services.
We may also analyze your Personal Information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our websites, products and services. It is in our legitimate business interests to use the information provided to us for this purpose, so we can understand any issues with our services to improve it.
We may use any of the categories of your Personal Information to exercise our legal rights where it is necessary to do so, for example to detect, prevent and respond to fraud claims, intellectual property infringement claims or violations of law or the contract.
When we process Personal Information to meet our legitimate interests (including for the purposes of communicating with you and exercising our rights as set out above), we balance these against your fundamental rights and freedoms and put in place appropriate safeguards to protect your privacy.
Worldwide Transfer of your Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country other than the one in which it was provided, including [include list of jurisdictions in which Personal Information will be processed]. When we do so, we transfer the information in compliance with applicable data protection laws. Where the transfer is to a recipient located in a country outside the EEA (and such recipient is not subject to data protection laws recognized by the European Commission to provide for an adequate level of data protection) we use the European Commission's approved Standard Contractual Clauses, or other lawful mechanisms. If you wish to see a copy of the relevant mechanism that we use to transfer your Personal Information, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
We may share your Personal Information with third parties under the following circumstances:
- Agents, contractors and business partners: we may share your Personal Information with agents, contractors or business partners of Labcorp that are based locally or abroad in connection with services that these individuals or entities perform for, or with, Labcorp. These agents, contractors or business partners are restricted from using this information in any way other than to provide services for Labcorp, or services for the collaboration in which they and Labcorp are engaged. We may, for example, provide your information to agents, contractors or partners for hosting our databases, or for data processing services such as data analytics, or so that they can mail you the information that you requested.
- Affiliates and subsidiaries: Labcorp Drug Development is owned by Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (Labcorp), and we work closely with other businesses and companies that fall under the Labcorp Group Companies. We may share your Personal Information with Labcorp and our affiliates and subsidiaries for the purpose of the performance of services for clinical trials being conducted by Labcorp and/or its affiliates on behalf of its sponsor(s). For more information about our affiliates and subsidiaries, please see www.Labcorp.com.
- Sponsors: we may share your Personal Information with sponsors of clinical trials to identify suitability for future clinical trials.
- Law enforcement agencies, courts, regulators (including health regulatory authorities), government authorities, IEC, auditors or other third parties based locally or abroad: we may share your Personal Information with these parties where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party.
- Asset purchasers: we may share your Personal Information with any third party that purchases, or to which we transfer, all or substantially all of our assets and business. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try to ensure that the entity to which we transfer your Personal Information uses it in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Statement. It is in our legitimate interests to share your Personal Information in connection with a corporate transaction involving our assets and business. When we share your Personal Information to meet such legitimate interests, we balance these against your fundamental rights and freedoms and put in place appropriate safeguards to protect your privacy.
We may also register your Personal Information on The Over-Volunteering Prevention System (TOPS), which is a database managed by the Health Research Authority (HRA). It is a standard condition of ethical approval, as well as part of the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) accreditation scheme, that all Phase I studies using healthy volunteers register research participants onto TOPS and complete the record for each volunteer to specify whether they received a dose of the study medicine. We will ask for your permission to register you on TOPS.
Information Security and Storage
We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk to the Personal Information we process. These measures are aimed at ensuring the on-going integrity and confidentiality of Personal Information. We evaluate these measures on a regular basis to ensure the security of the processing.
We will keep your Personal Information for as long as we have a relationship with you and with your consent for a period of up to 15 years thereafter in our volunteer database for the purposes of assessing whether you are suitable for future clinical trial opportunities and notifying you of those opportunities. Should we wish to extend this period we will contact you to obtain your consent. When deciding how long to keep your Personal Information after this period, we will retain your Personal Information for a period of time that enables us to:
- Maintain business records for analysis and/or audit purposes;
- Comply with record retention requirements under the law;
- Defend or bring any existing or potential legal claims;
- Deal with any complaints submitted by you regarding the services.
We will delete your Personal Information when it is no longer required for these purposes. If there is any information that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete entirely from our systems, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further processing or use of the data.
You should be aware that this site is not intended for, or designed to attract, individuals under the age of 18. We do not collect Personal Information from any person whom we know to be under the age of 18 and therefore require you to tick the box at the end of this Privacy Statement to confirm that you are aged 18 or over before you may input any Personal Information.
Updates and Changes
You may request a copy of this Privacy Statement from us using the contact details set out below. We may modify or update this Privacy Statement from time to time.
If we change this Privacy Statement, we will notify you of the changes. Where changes to this Privacy Statement will have a fundamental impact on the nature of the processing or otherwise have a substantial impact on you, we will give you sufficient advance notice so that you have the opportunity to exercise your rights (e.g. to object to the processing).
Your rights over your Personal Information
You have certain rights regarding your Personal Information, subject to local law. These include the following rights to:
- access your Personal Information;
- rectify the information we hold about you;
- erase your Personal Information;
- restrict our use of your Personal Information;
- object to our use of your Personal Information;
- receive your Personal Information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability); and
- lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority if one exists in your country.
We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your Personal Information if it changes or if the Personal Information we hold about you is inaccurate. Please note that we will likely require additional information from you in order to honor your requests.
To provide updates or to request deletion of your Personal Information from our volunteer database, please contact the respective recruitment call center in your territory. If you have any other questions or comments in relation to your Personal Information or this Privacy Statement, in Europe please contact us at the details below.
Please note that should you request that your Personal Information be deleted you may continue to receive materials for a short period while we are updating our lists. Your records will then be permanently deleted from our volunteer database, other than information where you have been screened or participated as a clinical trial volunteer in which case such information may continue to be processed in connection with the clinical trial.
Labcorp Drug Development is based in the USA and is the controller responsible for the Personal Information that it collects and processes.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the way in which your Personal Information has been used, please contact Labcorp's EU Data Protection Officer, CA McGregor at [email protected] Our data protection representative in the European Union is Labcorp Clinical and Periapproval Services SA, B-1200 Brussels, Belgium. Labcorp can be contacted in the UK at [email protected]